Eyelash extensions lengthen and thicken your natural lashes for a beautiful and luscious wide eyed look. A single synthetic lash is applied to each individual eyelash with a specially designed bonding agent. Eyelash Extensions are perfect for that special occasion or for day-to-day wear. They are virtually weightless and will not damage your natural lash so you can choose to wear them permanently.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
Come to your appointment wearing no makeup around your eyes, including mascara and eyeliner.
How do I care for my lashes?
- Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours to increase the longevity of your lashes.
- Avoid extreme heat such as saunas for 48 hours.
- Do not curl your lashes or wear mascara, you shouldn’t need to anyway!
- Avoid rubbing your eyes and touching your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping with your face down on the pillow; you will experience more lash loss on the side that you sleep on.
- Face away from the spray when in the shower.
How long do lashes last?
Your natural lashes fall out at a rate of 1-2 per day. This is more noticeable with lash extensions, do not be worried if you notice a few falling out! Depending on your hair growth cycle length, lash extensions will last between 4-6 weeks. Factors such as strength and texture of your natural lashes, your lifestyle, and the way you care for your lashes will effect the longevity of your extensions.
When you notice that 50% of your extensions are remaining it is time for a lash fill. For most, this is around 3 weeks. During a fill appointment longer grown out extensions are removed, as well as crooked extensions, or extensions with a weakened bond. Lash removal is done painlessly by hand, without chemicals.
Who should NOT get eyelash extensions?
- Anyone with a latex allergy
- Anyone who will not care for their lash extensions
- Anyone with a preexisting eye condition
- Anyone who cannot control rubbing their eyes excessively